Senior Full Stack Engineer
We’re a VC backed startup focused on making social networks healthier and safer. Our latest product is a Twitter moderation queue that allows users to easily block and mute trolls, bots and online mobs.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building Astroscreen's consumer product. You'll be expected to contribute to multiple aspects of our engineering, and will have the choice to take ownership of areas you're especially comfortable with.
- Design and implementation of the overall web architecture
- “Pixel-perfect” implementation of our approved user interface
- Design and deployment of our database
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Data collection from social network APIs
- Design and construction of our REST API
- Integrating our front-end UI with the constructed API
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment
- Five years of experience developing and shipping consumer code professionally
- Understanding of relational databases
- Good knowledge of our stack; Node.js, Typescript, React, Postgres, Python, Redis, Sentry, Django, Celery, Docker, AWS.
- A generalist with a knack for picking up new technologies and languages
- Good understanding of data science and machine learning concepts
- Good understanding of behavioural norms on social networks such as Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook
- Passionate about our mission: making social networks healthier
- Preferred PhD, Masters or BS in CompSci or a related discipline. But we also consider exceptional applicants with other backgrounds, for instance, if you're self-taught.
- Intellectual curiosity